Tags: call for submissions, cybersex, ebooks
Call for Submissions for Up For Grabs 2: the Third Gender by Circlet Press
Up for Grabs 2: the Third Gender is the working title of the sequel to Up for Grabs, which has received a lot of attention in reviews. While UFG had a focus on changing from one gender to another, I would like to see stories about people in between. Gender is not binary. These stories will explore modern and future expressions of third genders. Some ideas I would like to see examined are:
- Protagonists using mechanical, surgical, magical, or VR to express a gender other than the standard two.
- Coming of age stories
- Stories about protagonists who may not be young and gorgeous, but who have age and experience.
- Stories where third genders are normal, even common.
- Descriptions of new ways to have sex beyond the traditional.
Originals only, no reprints. We purchase first rights for inclusion in the ebook anthology for $25, with the additional rights to a print edition later which would also be paid $25 if a print edition happens. Authors retain the rights to the individual stories; Circlet exercises rights to the anthology as a whole.
Documents that do not follow all guidelines may be discarded unread.
- All submissions will be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org starting April 1 and ending on May 30. Submissions sent to other addresses/other editors at Circlet Press will not be considered.
- Email your story as an attachment to your email in either .doc or .rtf formats.
- Use a professional manuscript format. If you are unfamiliar with manuscript formats, there are many good ones available on Google. Please note that this means your name, address, and email contact must appear on the manuscript itself and not simply in your email message.
- The preferred length is 2,000 to 8,000 words. If your story is longer or shorter, send a query.
- No simultaneous submissions (that is, don’t also send your story elsewhere at the same time, and don’t send it to multiple Circlet editors, either), and no multiple submissions will be accepted.
- All stories must include explicit sexuality and erotic focus. Romantic content is welcome, but in a short story remember to keep the details on the action and its effects on the main character’s internal point of view. We favor a strong, singular narrative voice (no ‘head hopping’). For more details on our editorial preferences, see the general submission guidelines on circlet.com. Following these guidelines, especially the “do not send” list, will increase your chances of sending us something we’ll love. Try to avoid cliches. Fresh and direct language is preferred to overly euphemistic. Sex-positive, please, no rape/nonconsensuality/necrophilia or other purposefully gross topics. We do not publish horror.